[Pic left: Frankfurter Tor with Fersehturm]
I have not written f or a long time. There are alot of things I would love to write about, but haven't really got ar ound to doing so. Since my last... oh dear goodness, before easter? That is alot I've missed out. Ok.
Easter was brilliant, good to see Freiburg with my freind and I really felt a part of the family on my visit back to my hosts of summer 2009 - I went on their bi-annual trip to grandma and great-aunt! Easter was a good day too, and we had a BBQ with a few friends to catch up. The weather was amazing too. And oh the beautiful countryside south. I'm yet to explore the beautiful wild of the north here. It was great to see the whole family were doing really well, and the kids were older, they could talk more to the point the youngest matter-of-factly corrected my German.
[Pic middle: At Alex toward Unter den Linden]
Then more term, finally got into it. The weather has had some reaally good spells, and is currently not bad at all, not shorts and sunglasses every day but still pretty good. Then I had a bit of a rubbish time. I just worried too much. And then got more planned for doing work, and thats good. And today realised you can never think you will never worry again. But so it goes. Knowing that our worth is not based on others is precious and amazing, and that this life is not all about us, in a major respect, is freeing. I have some brilliant friends who I'm very blessed by, no matter what.
Speaking of which, Luke is coming tomorrow! I'm not sure I've managed enough work, but I/we will have to work that out (this blog is a result of being v tired for work, and I feel bad for not keeping in touch with you I know who read this too! Side track, my best wishes to various parts of the UK to you, I'm guessi ng few strangers read this blog). Thank God the ash could is over, I think, and we will enjoy the few days :) And then Mum and dad! And then an Edinburgh friend for a weekend!
[Photo left: going past the cathedral on the museum island]
One theme I wanted to put in was my cycle to the Humboldt uni (yes got a bike :) ), 2 days a week. An easy 30mins, basically all along Frankfurter Allee to Alex and then along Unter den Linden. I can't write too much now, lots to do, but the photos in this blog entry I took on my journey, particularly with this blog in mind. Needless to say I think that time it took a bit over 30 minutes. Berlin by bicycle is definitely the way to go. My amateur cycling skills won't do it justice, but I can sample bits of this huge metropolis.
Till soon, work seems hard but at some moment, you realise a bit more of a much bigger and greater perspective, and those 10 minutes of presentation seem pretty trivial once more. And Luke arrives tomorrow! And Happy 50th celebrations Crazies ;)
Have fun with Luke! Enjoy the coming of summer and do lots of exploring on your bike! I miss riding around on mine.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever start worrying you are worrying a lot, this one works well for me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-rBZREQMw
See you soon!
:) thanks Matt!
ReplyDelete